MSRI is a world leader in materials research and development. Our expertise includes the following areas:
- Fuel cell technology—low emission, high efficiency electrochemical power generation
- Electrolysis/Hydrogen production—small scale hydrogen production for the hydrogen economy of the future
- β-alumina—used in batteries and nuclear reactors
- Zirconia heating elements—for applications over 2000° C
- Oxygen sensors
- High Strength SiC Composites—will withstand a torque of 6,800 in. lbs.
MSRI has received over 40 awards in excess of $20 million from sources including the Department of Energy, Department of Defense, California Energy Commission, National Science Foundation and Private Clients.